We are pleased to say that the OIKODOM 2 building project is close to completion and we are holding a Celebration & Commissioning event at 10.00am on Saturday 25 June to give thanks to God for the completion of the project, to rejoice together for this refurbished space, and to thank everyone who has been involved in bringing the project from its planning to completion.
Click here for details of the project.
We are very grateful for the financial support we have received from:
Bernard Sunley Foundation
Congregational & General Charitable Trust
FCC Communities Foundation
The Norwood and Newton Settlement
Village Hall Improvement Grant Fund
As well as the generous donations from the church family.
Part of the building project was the refurbishment of the Worship Area, our large hall. As anyone who has spent time in the Worship Area on a rainy day would have told you, it was high time the leaky roof was sorted out. And with poor heating and virtually non-existent insulation it was not the most welcoming of places. In fact there was quite a bit to sort out.
Here is a little more information of what has been done:
- Small extension with new entrance doors to the Worship Area
- Extensive insulation throughout – external and internal, roof and walls
- New, efficient heating and air conditioning
- New lighting
- Hire-friendly sound system
- New ceilings
- Blocking up windows on the western side, replacement windows elsewhere
- Acoustic panels
- New seating and furniture
- New floor coverings
- New plumbed-in baptismal tank
- New store to the south of the church building, adjoining Resources Room
- Redecoration throughout the Worship Area and Resource Room
- New internal doors